- Install the wpa_supplicant package.
- The /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file contains the necessary settings in order to connect to the wireless network. Excepting the ssid, identify and password variables, which have to be customized, the content of the file will be the following:
- To the ssid variable will be assigned one of the following values, according to your statute:
For the teaching staff: wlcadre
For the administrative staff of every faculty: wladmin
For the administrative staff of UAIC: wladm
For the staff of the UAIC departments: wladm
For the students of UAIC: wlstud
- For other persons registered in the LDAP directory of UAIC: wlextraTo the identify variable will be assigned the username you are registered in the LDAP directory with.
Obs: The username is identical with the name of the e-mail account (without @uaic.ro).
- To the password variable will be assigned the corresponding password of the username.
- In order to connect to the network, use the command:
wpa_supplicant -B -D wext -i interfata_wireles -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Where, the “interfata_wireless” variable can be eth0, eth1, ath0, ath1, wlan0, wifi0, etc. depending on the hardware configuration of your computer. In order to find out the name of your wireless interface, use the linux ifconfig command.
This command is similar to the ipconfig /all command in Microsoft Windows.